25 Best Foods for Diabetes Control | Good Foods for Diabetic Patients and tips about best foods for diabetes and blood sugar control – super foods for diabetics. Summary: What are the best foods for diabetics?
These 25 diabetic diet food list may help manage blood sugar level and be the solution for early stage high blood sugar problems. These foods should be included in the foods good for diabetic patient to support diabetes treatments.
Here the list foods for diabetics :
1. Almonds Almonds are rich in vitamin E, magnesium, a nutrient that improves insulin sensitivity, and potassium. Almonds don’t raise blood sugar levels.
2. Cinnamon Cinnamon has hydroxychalcone, which could lower cholesterol and help stabilize your blood sugar levels.
3. Garlic Garlic has also hundreds chemical components, many of which can be solutions for health problems including diabetes.
4. Olive Oil Olive oil can stabilize the blood sugar levels, minimizes blood sugar spikes, and control the LDL cholesterol level. Managing this bad cholesterol is very important for diabetics since they have a higher risk of a heart attack or stroke.
5. Prunes Prunes are high in fiber content so they are lower on GI score and has lower effect on blood sugar levels.
6. Beans Beans are a good alternative to meat and included as diabetic friendly foods. They are low on the GI score and provide soluble fiber resulting that they may help lowering blood sugar levels.
7. Lentils Lentils are lower on GI score and provide B vitamins, iron, complex carbohydrates, and protein. Complex carbohydrates have a minimal impact on your blood sugar levels.
8. Greek Yogurt Greek yogurt is easier to digest than regular yogurt and naturally contains both low carbohydrates and high protein, which can help control hunger levels and blood sugars.
9. Oatmeal Oatmeal is high in soluble fiber and has low GI so it can help you to control your glucose levels.
10. Spinach Spinach a diabetes superfood, great foods for diabetics . They are also very low in digestible carbs, which may control your blood sugar levels.
11. Berries Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and other berries are all low on the GI score and are considered to be super foods and recommended food for diabetic patients.
12. Peanut Butter Peanut butter has low carbohydrate content that can prevent spikes in your blood sugar levels.
13. Broccoli They are food for type 2 diabetes. Sulforaphane in broccoli may help type 2 diabetes patients manage their blood sugar.
14. Avocado Avocados are full of healthful fats, which means they have lower effect on blood sugar levels. Avocado also has a high fiber diet.
15. Kale The digestion slowing nutrient, fiber and antioxidants in kale may improve blood glucose control. Kale in diabetic meal plan should be an excellent choice.
16. Asparagus A new study published in the British Journal of Nutrition recommends that if you wish to control type 2 diabetes, you should consume asparagus regularly.
17. Tomatoes Tomatoes are lower GI score, rich in vitamin C and lycopene. Lycopene is antioxidant which can help fight inflammation, increase HDL and reduce LDL.
18. Apples Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C and several antioxidants.
19. Citrus Fruit Antioxidant in citrus fruit is suitable as meals for diabetic patients in order to fight inflammation.
20. Red Onion Red onion extract may help to reduce blood sugar levels significantly, and this is important for people with diabetes.
21. Chia Seeds Chia seeds are beneficial for diabetics since they may improve insulin sensitivity and blood sugar control.
22. Green Tea Green Tea contains high amounts of polyphenols (antioxidants) which can help protect against inflammation and carcinogens.
23. Bell peppers Antioxidant in bell peppers may lower your risk of various health complications caused due to diabetes.
24. Dark Chocolate Dark chocolate is one of good foods allowed for diabetics. It contains the antioxidants which help the body use its insulin more efficiently to help control blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity.
25. Squash Their antioxidants may offer protection against diabetes by helping lower blood sugar.